Welcome to North County Eye Center!
At North County Eye Center, we strive to provide the highest quality of eye care and eyewear in Escondido, CA and the surrounding communities. Dr. Lorne Kapner and the entire staff of North County Eye Center look forward to helping you and your family find the best pair of glasses, sunglasses, and/or contact lenses to meet your visual needs.
Please use our online Patient Portal for patients to receive and view their own medical records!
Give a warm welcome to our newest doctor!
Megha L. Pansara, MD
Adult Strabismus Specialist
Dr. Pansara is both Medically and Surgically Trained. She specializes not only is vision assessments and determining refractive errors but as well as but not limited to motility examinations, biomicroscopy and dilated fundus examinations. Dr. Pansara monitors diseases over time and can determine what treatment works best to fit the patients needs and can make modifications to fit each person's needs appropriately.
Education & Training
- Louisiana State University Residency
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Residency
- Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License
- LA State Medical License
- UC San Diego Health - San Diego, CA
- Medical School: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Internship: Advocate Health Care (Illinois Masonic Medical Center)
- Residency: Louisiana State University Medical Center
- Fellowship: UCSD Shiley Eye Center
Medical treatments include:
- Prescriptions for glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Amblyopia ("lazy eye") therapy including glasses, patching, and pharmacologic treatment.
- Topical and or/systemic therapy for eye infections, chalazia, glaucoma, blocked tear ducts, and inflammation on the eye or in the eye. Medicines include antibiotics, antivirals, and steroids.
- Probe and Irrigation for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction (blocked tear duct).
- Excision of chalazia.
- Eye muscle surgery for strabismus.
- Pediatric cataract extraction including the use of intraocular lenses (IOLs).
Other terms Dr. Pansara is experienced in: